Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you offer N20 chargers?
- We currently do not offer N2O chargers for sale.
- Where can I buy N20 chargers?
- N20 chargers can be found at most local super markets, cooking stores and are readily available on Amazon and other online retailers. For the best pricing, we recommend purchasing the chargers through Amazon.com.
- Links to find N2O that we recommend on Amazon:
- What kind of N2O chargers does the Tiger Keg use?
- The Tiger Keg will work with any 8 gram N2O charger. It uses the same chargers that whip cream canisters use.
- iSi makes a N2O charger that is 8.4 grams which works with the Tiger Keg.
- How long do beverages last in the Tiger Keg?
Nitrous oxide (N2O) is bacteriostatic (inhibits bacterial growth), so most beverages will typically stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- What kind of beverages can be made in the Tiger Keg?
The Tiger Keg can infuse just about any still beverage with nitro! The only beverages we don’t recommend using in the Tiger Keg are those that contain small particles or chunks (orange juice with pulp, smoothies, drinks with seeds, ect.), and beverages that have been previously carbonated (beer and sodas). Small particles can clog the tapping system.
- Check out our recipe blog for different drink ideas!
- Why can’t I put beverages that have been previously carbonated (beer & soda) in the Tiger Keg?
- The nitro tapping system for the Tiger Keg does not control how much gas goes inside the keg from the N2O charge. This means that when you fill the keg with a beverage that has been previously carbonated/fermented (beer, soda, ect.) and add additional N2O, you will get excess gas inside the keg. In short, this means you will end up with mostly foam being poured. We also do not recommend infusing N2O into beverages that have already been infused with CO2.
- Can I use CO2 cartridges in the Tiger Keg?
- How do you clean the Tiger Keg?
- As soon as all of the contents inside have been finished and the gas has been released, the mini keg and the tapping system should be rinsed with hot water to avoid any remaining beverage to dry. Always hand wash.
- It says the keg can hold 64 oz but the instructions say to not put more than 48 oz in the keg. Why is that?
- The empty space inside the keg is needed for the gas and the liquid to have room to mix together.